Facing a fire in your Carmel home or Georgetown TX Water Damage business can be overwhelming, scary, and frustrating.
Fire Damage Restoration In Carmel
- Make safety a priority. One too many people have been injured by re-entering a fragile home after a fire. Loose beams, cracked drywall, and damaged water systems aren’t exactly a recipe for happy and healthy. Wait until a fire damageGeorgetown TX Water Restorationprofessional or a fireman has indicated that the area is safe.
- Take photographic evidence. Documentation is your best friend in a fire damage emergency. Take pictures of the damage, high and low. Record conversations with professionals and keep track of critical receipts and documents, if possible. These steps will help to expedite the process of filing an insurance claim.
- Limit movement inside the building. Sure, it’d be interesting to show family and friends the damage, but the structure of the home can be compromised with even a small scale kitchen fire.
- Call your localGeorgetown TX Water Restorationcompany. Trust us on this one, you’ll want a professional in Carmel to be by your side during this process. Fire damage can involve harmful smoke particles and damaged interiors, calling for a professional to analyze and plan the best way forward.
- StartGeorgetown TX flood cleaningup too early. Before damage remediation can begin, everything needs to be assessed by the insurer first. As you follow the process above of documenting damage, an assessment and claim can be sped up, allowing you to begin work sooner.
- Use furnishings impacted by the damage. Upholstery and other porous surfaces trap smoke and dust particles, negatively impacting respiratory health. Even the pages of a book can trap microscopic particles. Smoke is great at infiltrating everything. A professionalGeorgetown TX flood cleaningcan remove much of the damage done.
- Turn on the water, electric, or gas. Similar to a water damage emergency, fires can disrupt the foundation and inner pipe structure of a home. To avoid any further interior damage, wait for the green light from a professional before turning on any major systems.
- Turn on, clean, or use electronic equipment. Fire and wires aren’t exactly the best of friends. Stay safe by avoiding outlets and electronic equipment.
To avoid fire damage to your property, be sure to check smoke alarms regularly, and avoid the temptation to just take out the batteries when the alarm chirps in the middle of the night. (We’ve all been there.) Have plenty of fire extinguishers on hand, and have even more people who know how to use them properly. If you have questions about what to do after fire damage or need help recovering from a fire damage incident in Carmel, give us a call! At Georgetown's Bestex Water Damage Solutions, we are happy to help you put things back in order.