Homeowners in the Hutto TX area need to beprepared for everything and anything when protecting their home from water andmold damage. There are so many culprits to be aware of, including the weather,clogged gutters, blocked drains, leaking pipes, and faulty appliances.
Of all those listed above, one of the mostfrustrating and stressful events a homeowner or Hutto TX Water Damage business owner can experienceis a burst pipe. Things can go from bad to worse in a hurry, especially if youdon’t know what to do or who to call when it happens in your home or business.
The good news is we’re here to help. AtDriRite, we want to make sure every property owner is prepared for theseevents. That’s why we’re going to detail everything you need to know about aburst pipe, including why they happen, signs of a burst pipe, and what to do ifit happens to you.
Why Do Pipes Burst?
The truth is there are a lot of reasons why apipe might burst in the home or business. It’s not the most common occurrence,but the water damage can be insurmountable if not handled in a timely andproper manner. The last thing you want is a bigger problem than you bargainedfor.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common causes of a burst pipe:
- Frozen Pipe – in temperatures under 32 degreesfahrenheit, any water in your pipes could freeze over and cause bonds in thepipe to weaken. Eventually, that pipe will burst.
- Pipe Corrosion – long-term corrosion in apipe, either caused by rust or an imbalance in the water’s pH level, will leadto a weakened pipe that can eventually leak or burst.
- Pipe Movement – if the water pressure is toohigh inside the pipe or if the pipe is shifted due to other repairs, themovement can eventually lead to a burst pipe.
- Clogged Pipe – when a pipe is clogged, thewater pressure inside the pipe will increase and result in a higher risk of itbursting or leaking.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common signs that a pipe is about to (or already has) burst in your home or business:
- Random puddles of water
- A decrease in water pressure
- Water stains on the walls orceiling
- Discoloration of your water
- Higher-than-normal water bill
- Water that has a weird smell to it
- Hearing a constant drip in yourwall or ceiling
- The sound of pipes moving orshaking
As you can see, a majority of pipes burst whenthe water pressure increases to a point of no return. It’s usually notsomething that will happen right away or overnight, but rather something thatwill continue to get worse over time — until the pipe eventually gives out andbursts.
What to Do When a Pipe Bursts
A burst pipe is a nightmare for any homeowneror Hutto TX Water Damage business owner. It can go from bad to worse in a hurry, but that threat canquickly be detained when the right actions are taken when it finally happens.Don’t worry, we’re going to teach you what to do when a pipe bursts on yourproperty.
Let’s take a look at some of the things you can do to minimize the Hutto TX, TX water damage in this situation:
- The moment you notice the burstpipe, turn off the main water supply to eliminate any new water running throughthe pipe.
- Contact a local plumber toinvestigate, detect, and fix the burst pipe.
- Start to dry or remove any waterthat has leaked out of the pipe to avoid water damage.
- Drain the water out of your sink,toilet, shower, etc. to relieve some of the pressure.
- If the pipe is frozen, warm thearea — but do so slowly to avoid any rapid increases in temperature.
- Wait for your plumber to fix theissue before turning the water supply back on.
The most important thing you can do is tobreathe and remain calm. A burst pipe isn’t the end of the world, especiallywhen the right steps are taken once the issue is noticed. The last thing youwant after a burst pipe is excessive water damage that compromises thestructure of the home.
Are You Experiencing Water Damage in Hutto TX?
If your burst pipe has caused a great deal of water damage and you need a quality team ofHutto TX Water Restorationexperts to return your home to its original condition, you’ve come to the right place. At DriRite, we’re one of the most trusted professional restorationHutto TX Water Leak Repair Servicesof Hutto TX.
We have the equipment, knowledge, experience, and skill needed when restoring your home or Hutto TX Water Damage business after a burst pipe. Whether you need water damageHutto TX Water Restorationor flood damage cleanup in Hutto TX, we’ll be on the scene in a hurry. Contact us today to get the process started!